Full Circle = Full Time: Event Coordinator
I’m Jessica Wessinger, and I’m excited to join the TaylorMade Experience team again as an Event Coordinator. I say again, because I interned with TME in 2011 and found my way back 3 years later after graduation from Virginia Tech and positions with the Washington Capitals and American University. It’s been impressive to watch TME’s growth from afar over the last few years, and I’m excited at what the future has in store for us.
Growing up, I never considered a career in events. I was always interested in business but didn’t think events fit into that field. It wasn’t until I originally interned with TME that I realized how many opportunities were available in the events industry. I thoroughly enjoyed my time as an intern and knew I had to consider working in events after graduation. There’s something about watching an event come to light after months and months of planning.
I’m excited to dig in and get started, learn more about our clients, and our team, and wanted to share a few fun facts about myself:
- I am determined to travel the world! Although I grew up a military brat, I didn’t travel like the typical military family, so I intend to do so for myself in the future.
- I am a diehard sports fanatic. My idea of fun is spending a Saturday afternoon cheering on my Hokies in Lane Stadium or an afternoon at the ballpark with friends.
- I played softball for 13 years of my life and would give anything to be back out on the field!
- Similarly to Kelly, and at Christina’s dismay, I LOVE the Pittsburgh Steelers; I grew up rooting for them with my mom! Although my dad is a Redskins fan and I’ve lived in the D.C. area most of my life, I just can’t bring myself to root for the home team.
- I have a love/hate relationship with running! I ran my first half marathon in April of this year, the Nike Women’s Half Marathon, finishing 10 minutes under my goal time!
I’m thankful that my training as an intern has allowed me to jump right into full-time work here at TME, and I’m looking forward to learning and growing even more as we continue to press forward and grow as a company and a team.
I’m in the middle wearing my Tech jersey!